Often regarded as the ultimate beauty-enhancing oil for skin and hair, the Rosehip essential oil is probably the only oil that can give coconut oil and other essential oils a run for their money when it comes to having humongous skin, hair and health benefits. Extracted from the seeds of a wild rose bush, this essential oil is another one of nature’s wonders mostly used as a natural beauty enhancement.
The benefits don’t just end there, Rosehip oil was a remedy used by the Andean Indians of Chile, Egyptians, Mayans and Native Americans because of its fascinating healing properties and ability to fight infections. It’s packed with vitamins and essential nutrients and can be used both externally and taken internally.
The demand for essential oils, in general, have increased over the years as people have started to develop the interest in them. As a novice, you may be curious to understand what these essential oils are and how they came to be. How are plants able to produce them? Well, essential oils are secondary metabolites of plants also called volatile oils, ethereal oils, aetherolea.
Secondary metabolites are a diverse group of compounds produced by plants that do not only give them their unique aroma but also provides protection from herbivores and defends against pathogenic microbes. Essential oils are found in the seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers, and other parts of plants and are extracted using any suitable method. So what is it about the Rosehip essential oil that makes it special?
What You Need to Know About Rosehip Oil
Did you know that according to research over 3,000 varieties of volatile aromatic compounds and essential oils have been identified and extracted from Plants to date, and the Rosehip plant is not an exception? Unsurprisingly, seeds of the Rosehip plant contain an essential oil that is extracted by using a cold-press extraction process to separate it from the hips and seeds.
Rosehip oil is obtained from the seeds of a specific variety of wild rose bush (Rose moschata, Rosa rubignosa or Rosa canina). You should however not confuse Rosehip oil with Rose essential oil. Rosehip oil comes from the “hips” of rose which are the small red fruits left behind once the roses have bloomed and lost their petals. Rosehip oil doesn’t have the rosy fragrance you’d normally expect since it’s not made from the rose flowers themselves. The color can range from deep golden to a rich red-orange color, to a light yellow color.
Generally, essential oils exist naturally as components of another type of oil referred to as carrier oils. Technically speaking, Rosehip oil is a carrier oil and careful studies have revealed that beneficial essential oils are present in the Rosehip oil.
Benefits of Rosehip Essential oil
Rosehip oil is packed with a variety of nutrients including vitamins A, C and E, essential fatty acids (linolenic, linoleic, and oleic acid), stearic acid and palmitic acid. Carotenoids, flavonoids and trans-retinoic acid are also present in the oil. That’s why the benefits of the Rosehip essential oil are numerous and practically impossible to explain in just one article. However, below is a comprehensive list of the major benefits of the Rosehip essential oil you should know:
- A Good Anti-ageing Oil: Growing old is an inevitable characteristic that every living person must exhibit, except you’re a Vampire or a zombie from the walking dead. Unfortunately, the appearance of wrinkles on your face, acne, stretch marks are all unavoidable signs of aging; and they will significantly affect your sex appeal. Aging causes the skin’s collagen fibers to fragment, or break down. Rosehip essential oil has significant anti-aging benefits on your face. It’s packed with antioxidants, super-light on the skin, and non-greasy. Its ability to penetrate into the deep layers of the skin is an added advantage because of its Vitamin A and C and lycopene content. These two Vitamins are able to stimulate collagen production and increase moisture production, thereby preventing the formation of Wrinkles and fine lines. Using Rosehip essential oil is a natural and preferable alternative to Botox, and there are no side effects.
- Natural Source of Antioxidants: During Oxygen metabolism, dangerous free radicals are produced in the body which may interfere with a number of metabolic pathways. Hence, antioxidants are very important to help neutralize these free radicals in the body before they can cause any irreversible damage to your organ-system. These antioxidants neutralize free radicals and prevent free radical damage, inflammations and cell mutation. It reduces pain and swelling, gives you a healthier skin and hair.
- Helps In The Removal of Age Spots: Problems may arise as a result of too much exposure to the sun’s ultraviolet rays. This may lead to the formation of Age spots and discoloration of the skin. With the help of the antioxidants in Rosehip essential oil, free radicals that cause skin damage are neutralized. The antioxidants found in rosehip oil combat free radicals that cause skin damage and give rise to age spots. It can also help to improve skin tone, texture, and pigmentation, thanks to the vitamin A component and the oil’s essential fatty acids. The Vitamin C component regulates the formation of collagen while also removing redness and irritation caused by Sunlight exposure.
- Natural Remedy for Acne and Eczema: The problem of acne is one that has troubled many youths today. Drawing unnecessary attention to your face and being a definite turnoff to the opposite sex. Little wonder why ‘How to get rid of Acne’ is one of the most sought-after knowledge by teenagers and youths. Do you also suffer from Acne? Try applying Rosehip essential oil on the affected area daily. It also helps to rid the skin of scars and reduce the effects of eczema by promoting skin regeneration. Essential fatty acids present in the oil improve the skin’s flexibility and permeability and help the skin repair itself.
- Stretch Mark Remover: I’ve explained how important Rosehip essential oil is as a remedy for Acne and Wrinkles, how about stretch marks? The good news is that they are also very effective in removing stretch marks. Try rubbing rosehip oil all over the stomach during and after pregnancy to reduce unsightly stretch marks that occur when skin’s elasticity is compromised. The oil helps to fade dark marks, discoloration, and redness plus it hydrates the skin and allows it heal more quickly.
- Antibiotic Properties: Antibiotics are chemical substances that are effective in destroying bacteria and fighting bacterial infections. Rosehip oil has amazing antibiotic properties due to which it can help handle problems like cold, cough and fever. It boosts the immune system and keeps infections at bay. Taking Rosehip essential oil daily will definitely keep the Doctor away.
- Immune System Super-boost: The fact that Vitamin C helps the body fight infections and boost the immune system is no news. It is also very important in the production of collagen which is the major protein found in the bones and muscles. Also, vitamin C aids in the proper absorption of iron which is an important component needed for the formation of red blood cells.
- Important For Healthy Skin: There are a lot of skin related problems in existence today. The skin itself is a very sensitive organ and skin type varies among individuals. Are you suffering from acne invasion, wrinkled, dry, irritated, red skin or the combination of all these? Having an unhealthy skin can greatly reduce your sex appeal and confidence by a million folds. If conventional treatment cosmetics and lotions are not having any significant effect on your skin, try using Rosehip essential oil mixed into a lotion for better results.
- Remedy For Osteoarthritis: The Rosehip essential oil is a natural remedy for Osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis is a type of joint disease that results from the breakdown of joint cartilage and underlying bone. Sometimes called degenerative joint disease or degenerative arthritis. Taking Rosehip oil alleviates this situation and cures such disease.
- It Can be a Great Addition to Your Regular Massage Oil: Massage oils simply serve as a lubricant for the massage process. There is no greater way to remedy all the accumulated stress your muscles pick up during the busy day than spending time under the graceful hands of a skilled masseur. Adding Rosehip essential oil to your regular massage oil with will form a combo that’ll work even greater wonders on your body. The natural ability to reduce muscular tension, its amazing effects on the skin coupled with the gymnastics of your masseur is enough to give you a taste of heaven.
- It Detoxifies the Blood: The blood serves as a transport medium for food nutrients, water, glucose as well as the toxic by-products of metabolism. Sometimes, accumulation of these toxic substances can cause serious adverse effects. The Rosehip essential oil does the work of a detoxifier and purifies the blood, and is therefore considered a depurative. It includes the expulsion of urea, uric acid and certain unwanted hormones, which are the primary toxins found in your bloodstream.
- A Natural and Effective Digestive: A stomachic is a substance that promotes appetite or assists with digestion. The Rosehip essential oil is a medicine or tonic that has the ability to act as a natural stomachic. Being a stomachic, they tone up the stomach and ensure its proper function. They also promote the secretion of digestive juices into the stomach, facilitate digestion and increase appetite. A
- Important Ingredients In Cosmetics: Since they are very effective in combating acne, wrinkles, rashes, scars, marks, and spots on the skin, they are very important ingredients used in the cosmetic manufacturing industry. This makes it an effective cicatrisant, which is an agent that facilitates skin-healing, wound healing or cell regeneration.
- Another Interesting Way to Lose Weight: Weight gain can result from a number of problems. However, it all involves the accumulation of fats in the adipose tissues under the skin and around body organs. Rosehip essential oil provides you with a natural remedy to help you control your weight. A combination of rosehip oil and apple juice reduces high blood sugar and high cholesterol level, which are the main reasons for obesity.
- Natural Solution For Dry Hair: Trust me, nobody enjoys the look or feel of dry, broken or brittle hair. How annoying it must feel to comb or brush your hair and find out that 50% of your hair had broken-off in the comb or brush. Well, Rosehip essential oil makes your hair healthy and strong. Simply warm rosehip oil and apply on the scalp daily. This helps in smoothening dry hair. Leave this oil for an hour before shampooing your hair. Regular use of this oil will give you soft, smooth, and silky hair.
- It Strengthens Weak Nails: Many people possess weak nails that may break or bend easily in ways you can’t possibly imagine. Rosehip essential oil provides nourishment for weak nails and also helps in strengthening brittle nails. Massaging rosehip oil on such nails regularly, gradually strengthens them and improves their shine.
- Helps to Remedy Anti-Dandruff: Dandruff is formed as a result of dryness of the scalp. The regular use of rosehip oil on the scalp can treat dandruff. Just massage it on your scalp for about half an hour and wait for it to work its magic. Due to the moisturizing properties of this oil, it reduces dandruff effectively.
- It’ll Definitely Make Your Skin glow: Rosehip essential oil gives a beautiful and natural glow to the skin when used regularly. It’s not obviously going to make you glow like a firefly, but it’s definitely going to increase your sex appeal and attractiveness. However, If you discover that Rosehip oil is too heavy for your skin, try adding only one or two drops of it to your usual skin moisturizer. Because of this, Rosehip essential oil is used in many beauty products, such as creams and sprays.
How just a single plant can do so much must be the question on your mind. Like I stated earlier, Rosehip essential oil is the Ultimate beauty enhancing natural oil. Just like every other essential oil, it is best to test the Rosehip oil for any kind of skin allergy on a small portion of your skin before applying it all over your body. Even though there are no specific risks with using the oil, it should be avoided if you realize that you have a direct allergy to the Rosehip oil.
So, if you’re fed up with spending so much money on skin and hair care products and not seeing any significant changes, try Rosehip essential oil as a natural alternative. It has thousands of uses and is currently one of the most highly recommended organic products available for beauty and health.
Whichever way you prefer to use your Rosehip essential oil, there is no denying the fact that they are indeed beneficial to you and me.